Chinese Braised Pork Belly by Buffalo IH Smart Cooker
- 1 kg pork belly, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rock sugar or brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (optional)
- Turn on the "steam" function on the Buffalo Stainless Steel Smart Cooker and add the oil. Heat the oil for a minute or two until hot.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pot and stir-fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the pork belly to the pot and stir-fry until the pork is browned on all sides.
- Pour in the Shaoxing wine or dry sherry and stir to deglase the pot.
- Add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rock sugar or brown sugar, and water to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the hard-boiled eggs to the pot.
- Close the lid of the cooker and keep it on "steam" mode. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Once the pork is cooked, open the lid and remove the hard-boiled eggs.
- Garnished with chopped green onions.