Buffalo Stainless Steel Rice Cooker Chicken and Lentil Stew
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Using the "steam" function on the Buffalo Stainless Steel Rice Cooker, set the cooking time to approximately 45 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in the cooker for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic, sautéing until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and brown them lightly on all sides.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, and red bell pepper, sautéing briefly until they start to soften.
- Mix in the lentils, spreading them evenly at the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Add the ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Close the lid and let the stew cook uninterrupted until the rice cooker indicates it's done or the 45 minutes are up.
- After cooking, allow the stew to rest for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Stir the stew gently and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.