Braised Lamb served with Japanese Udon
|Mustard Plant (sliced)||700 g|
|Lamb (cubed)||700 g|
|Onion (wedged)||100 g|
|Chilli powder||130 g|
|Dried chilli||15 g|
|Tamarind (sliced)||80 g|
|Spring onion (sliced, garnish)||70 g|
|Chicken stock powder||1 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||3 tbsp|
|Chilli sauce||2 tbsp|
|Ketchup sauce||5 tbsp|
|Japanese udon||10 portions|
1. Soak the tamarind and dried chilli in hot water and drain. Set aside
2. Heat oil in the pressure cooker at temperature 220 °C, sauté dried chilli, onion and chilli powder till fragrant then add in lamb cubes and mix well.
3. Pour in water, followed by mustard plant & tamarind. Cook at 280 °C till the pressure build up and sounds released. Then, reduce the temperature to 200 °C for 30 minutes.
4. After the red pressure indicator descended, re-boil and add in chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar and chicken powder. Stir well.
5. Serve with Japanese udon and garnish with spring onion.